Stock Broker Warning Signs
There are certain activities in an investor’s account which should be considered warning signs that require closer attention to your investment account.
- Account losses
- Unexplained or unusually high charges to your retirement account
- An unusual amount of trade confirmations sent to your home.
- Dramatic change in your portfolio composition.
- Pressure to act immediately on a recommendation.
- Concentration of your investments into a single company or investment product.
- Large purchases of securities on margin.
- A transaction history of selling winners and holding losers.
- Switching between different mutual fund families.
- Switching between different variable annuity contracts.
- Large amounts of life insurance as a ”retirement” plan.
- Denied access to branch manager.
- Account underperformance relative to the stock market.
- Guarantee of investment return and protection against losses.
To speak with us regarding any possible stockbroker misconduct warning signs please call us toll free at 800-649-7239.