Paulino A. Nunez Jr.
Paulino A. Nuñez Jr. is a commercial litigator, who focuses his practice on business disputes, including banking and professional liability claims, insurance policy litigation, contract disputes, business torts and securities litigation. Mr. Nuñez has successfully represented clients having complex legal problems at trial and in appeals throughout the country. He has been instrumental in securing several multi-million dollar verdicts for his clients and has also successfully defended clients in lawsuits where multiple millions of dollars have been at stake.
Mr. Nuñez is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Miami (J.D., 1989), where he was a member of the University of Miami Law Review and the Order of the Coif. He graduated from Florida International University (B.A., with honors, 1985).
Mr. Nuñez is a member of The Florida Bar (admitted 1989), the bars of the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth and Eleventh Circuits, as well as the Dade County Bar Association and the Cuban American Bar Association. He was born in Miami, Florida and is fluent in Spanish. Mr. Nuñez is also active in representing indigent litigants on a pro bono basis and recently received a Pro Bono Service Award in recognition of outstanding contribution to the "Put Something Back" pro bono project sponsored by Florida's Eleventh Judicial Circuit and the Dade County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Business Disputes
- Banking and Professional Liability Claims
- Insurance Policy Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Business Torts
- Securities Litigation
- Florida, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1989
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- B.A. - 1985
- Honors: With Honors
Honors and Awards
- Pro Bono Service Award, Put Something Back, Florida's Eleventh Judicial Circuit and the Dade County Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Cuban American Bar Association, Member